Call for Abstracts
We invite you to submit your abstract for the IFSW- Europe Conference Vienna 2019!
The conference theme is Social Protection & Human Dignity. The focus of all symposia, seminars, workshops and presentations should be related to this theme.
The structure of the conference programme has 8 thematic areas:
- Human Dignity and Human Rights
- Social (Racial) Profiling
- (Ethnic) Minorities
- Social Exclusion
- Social Protection
- Basic Income Models
- Social Protection Floor
- Dismantle of Social Welfare State
- Poverty Reduction and Living Conditions
- Working Poor
- Access to Labour Market
- Strategies and “Micro”-Projects
- Legal/Illegal Migration
- Forced Migration/Human Trafficking
- Refugees and Asylum Seekers
- Social Integration Programmes
- Social Health
- Stresses and Strains
- Substance Abuse
- Social Work Based Services
- Transnational/Cross Border Case Work
- Emergency Services
- Social Rehabilitation
- “Clash of Cultures”
- Conflicting Norms and Values
- Basic Values and “New” Ethics
- Education and Training
- Professional Representation and Self Organisation
Type of Presentation
- Paper Presentation
15 minutes including questions and discussion
90 minutes; most workshops will take place at the premises of a service provider in Vienna and participation of service users will be encouraged. Workshops shall focus on exchange of practitioner’s experiences
3 hours thematic session; Symposia will focus on a thematic area and include different inputs and presentations (panel discussions, presentations,…)
Guidelines and Selection Criteria
- Abstracts are accepted only in electronic form.
- The text may not exceed 3000 characters (including spaces).
- Please relate your presentation to one of the 8 thematic areas.
- The selection of abstracts will be made following these priorities:
- Relevance to the conference themes
- Relevance to social work practice
- Focus on innovative models for social work practice and introduction of new and/or successful strategies is an asset
Further Information: email@example.com
This form is currently closed for submissions.
Equipment for PowerPoint Presentation and Flipchart will be provided
For any further questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all of your submissions!
Registration for Abstracts ist now closed, Abstract notifications from 15th of May 2019